Are you considering a health-related career?
Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to obtain your Bachelor of Arts in Community Health, combined with either a Pharmacy Technician or Massage Therapy diploma in just four years.
Students will learn fundamental theory and gain practical hands-on training, utilizing modern equipment and state-of-the-art facilities such as Lambton College's own fully-equipped retail/pharmacy simulation lab and Massage Therapy clinic. Graduates will be prepared to work in a wide range of health-related fields, as they help to improve the health of their clients and make a positive change in the well-being of their community.
In order for students to take advantage of this concurrent degree/diploma opportunity they must be enrolled in the Bachelor of Arts in Community Health Degree at Brock University. While in the first year of the Brock program students can apply for consideration into the Pharmacy Technician or Massage Therapy programs at Lambton College.
Students attend Brock University for their first and fourth years and will attend Lambton College during their second and third years.
Lambton College students who complete a Pharmacy Technician or Massage Therapy diploma may also be eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Arts in Community Health degree at Brock University.
• Students must be in the first year of the Bachelor of Arts - Community Health Degree program at Brock University
• Students must complete one full year of the Brock program including: CHSC 1F90, MATH 1F92, 1.0 Humanities Context Credit, BIOL 1F90 (or 1.0 Science Context Credit if 12U Biology is completed), 1.0 Elective Credit
• Students must have a minimum grade of 65% in CHSC 1F90 and MATH 1F92 and a minimum overall average of 60% in their first year at Brock
Note: Students who complete a Pharmacy Technician or Massage Therapy diploma program at Lambton College with a minimum overall average of 70% may apply for consideration to the Bachelor of Arts (Pass) in Community Health degree pat Brock University via OUAC.
• Applications are due on April 1st of the student’s first year in the Bachelor of Arts - Community Health Degree program at Brock
• Students submit application to:
Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Department of Community Health Sciences email@example.com 905-688-5550 ext 4228
• Conditional acceptances will be sent out in late-May and will be sent by Lambton College
Students must apply to the first year of the Bachelor of Arts - Community Health degree program through the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC.)
GRADUATION & PROGRESSION REQUIREMENTS
Students must maintain a minimum overall average of 70% at Lambton College in order to be considered for entry into Brock University.
Students must maintain a C grade in order to enter year four at Brock University.
The Pharmacy Technician or Massage Therapy credential cannot be issued until both programs are successfully completed.
Exciting employment opportunities for graduates of this program are plentiful in this profession including community, hospital and long-term care facilities. Students who choose the Pharmacy Technician stream can also find employment in compounding pharmacies, with drug manufacturers, third-party insurance companies, computer software, administration, research or in government. Students who choose the Massage Therapy stream can also find employment as a Massage Therapist in connection with a wide variety of health care providers such as chiropractors, physiotherapists, hospitals and health spas.