If you’re looking for a challenging career opportunity in emergency care services, health facilities, and other health care agencies, Lambton College’s Paramedic program can get you there with the skills you need to succeed. Students choose Lambton College because:
- They can apply their skills in state-of-the-art simulation environments:
- Paramedic Lab and Ambulance Simulator – students experience what it feels like to drive emergency vehicles in varied road conditions in a safe and controlled learning environment.
- Community Apartment Virtual Lab - allows for a real life working environment in a controlled setting.
- Our graduates are eligible to work anywhere in Canada – it is one of only a few programs with National Accreditation through the Canadian Medical Association.
- There are a number of volunteer opportunities that exist for students to assist with paramedic services in the community (i.e. Sarnia Sting games, local fundraising and entertainment events).
Graduates apply relevant theory, practice safely and competently, and comply with current legislation, regulations, standards, and established policies and procedures. Students are encouraged to have a gym membership since fitness is a major attribute to success in several areas of the program. Access to a vehicle is also required to attend clinical sites in terms 3 and 4.
Students entering this program are entering a Mobile Learning - Class+ Experience program. The Class+ Experience is exclusive to Lambton College, where technology inspires learning. Mobile devices allow students to experience learning both inside and outside the classroom, integrating educational apps and tools into class activities. See device requirements.
Recognized by Apple as a distinguished program for
innovation, leadership, and educational excellence.
This is a Textbooks for All program. To learn more about Lambton College's Textbooks for All initiative, visit our Mobile Learning section
O.S.S.D. or equivalent with a minimum grade of 70% in the following:
Grade 12 English C or U
Grade 11 or 12 Mathematics C or U
Grade 11 or 12 Chemistry C or U
Grade 11 or 12 Biology C or U
Our graduates are employed in emergency medical services. Many graduates further their education to the Advanced Care Paramedic level. A Class F driver’s license is required for employment.
Connect with your future career with Career Coach.
See where you could go within Ontario to complete a degree once you've completed this Lambton College program.
Want to go outside of Ontario? See where this Lambton College program can take you.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will be eligible to sit the Ontario Ministry of Health’s Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant exam.