• Working in Toronto

      Study in Toronto

    International - Study in Toronto

Visa & Permits

  • Immigration Advising

    Toronto Building

    Cestar College has retained the services of licensed Immigration Consultants who are members of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC).

    Please feel free to email the immigration consultants at immigration@cestarcollege.com.

    For more information about immigration consultant services and availability, visit our Immigration Information page on Moodle.

  • Border Entry - At the Canadian Airport

    Border Crossing

    Please ensure that you are eligible to travel to Canada. Make sure to pack all the important documents in a safe place in the cabin baggage o show to the Border Services Officer upon your arrival to the airport.

    When you arrive in Canada, you'll meet a border services officer who will make sure you meet some basic requirements and will want to review the following documents:

    • valid travel document, such as a passport;
    • the port of entry letter of introduction the visa office sent you when they approved your study permit. This letter has your permit reference number, which is used to issue your study permit;
    • a copy of a valid letter of acceptance from your school;
    • letters of reference or any other documents the visa office told you to bring;
    • either a valid electronic travel authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa (temporary resident visa.) If you have a valid eTA, it will be linked to the passport you used to apply for your study permit;
    • enough money for your stay (the amount you will need can vary - it depends on things such as how long you will stay, whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives, etc.);
    • be in good health;
    • Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions;
    • convince an immigration officer that you have ties - such as a job, home, financial assets or family - that will take you back to your home country and that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit;
    • valid immigration medical exam results (if you needed one);
    • prove that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.

    For the most up-to-date information on what is required at the border, please refer to the Government of Canada website - Study permit: Prepare for Arrival.

    we also recommend that you have the following documents ready to show a border services officer:

    • Lambton College fee receipt as this is the confirmation of tuition payment
    • English language test results, if applicable
    • Proof of vaccination
    • ArriveCAN receipt with letter I or V beside the vaccinated traveler's name

    Please refer to COVID-19 vaccinated travellers entering Canada for additional requirements for entry during the COVID pandemic.

    Exiting Border Entry - Check your Documents before Leaving

    You will be issued a study permit at the airport and a work permit, if applicable. Please ensure that personal information and conditions are correct on the permit. If they are not, notify the officer immediately. If you leave with incorrect documents, there is a separate process for amendments, and it could take months to correct the documents.

    Normally, the study permit expiry date would be three months after the program end date. However, please be sure to check the expire date of your study permit. Sometimes, the border officers make mistakes and it is earlier than the program end date.

    If you are travelling with dependents, then please be sure to collect and verify their permits before leaving.

    Maintaining your Documents

    Passports and Documents

    Students are responsible for maintaining their immigration status and obeying immigration regulations during their stay in Canada. Ensure you are clear when they expire.

    If your passport is lost of stolen, you must replace it immediately.

    If your study or work permit is stolen or lost, then you must apply for a replacement passport.

Back to Top