Lambton College adds Railway Conductor program to its Learning & Training Solutions roster


September 26, 2016

Lambton College adds Railway Conductor program to its Learning & Training Solutions roster
Lambton College adds Railway Conductor program to its Learning & Training Solutions roster

SARNIA, September 26, 2016 – Lambton College is pleased to announce it has been selected as one of only a handful of Canadian colleges to offer a Railway Conductor training program.

The program was developed by industry experts in cooperation with the Railway Association of Canada. Students enrolled in the 12 week program will learn to utilize professional railway communications and a gain a deeper understanding of industry rules and regulations.

Fundamental concepts in safety, switching, marshalling, and crewing will also be explored. Successful students will complete the program with a solid understanding of authorities and record keeping, as well as the transportation of dangerous goods. Students can expect to spend approximately 80 per cent of their time in a classroom setting, with the remaining 20 per cent spent in the rail yards of local rail companies and industries.

The program has been carefully designed to train students to pursue careers in the railway industry. Graduates can expect to find employment on Class 1 railways, shortlines, regional carriers and in industrial settings.

Registration is currently open for this exciting new program, launching in January 2017.

For more information on the new Railway Conductor program, go to lambtoncollege.ca/RAIL

With dozens of training programs to choose from, Lambton College’s Learning & Training Solutions department offers a variety of flexible, innovative and customizable training and development opportunities designed to help businesses and industry improve the capacity, skills and knowledge of their employees.

For a complete listing of all courses and programs offered through Lambton College’s Learning & Training solutions department, go to lambtoncollege.ca/Programs/Learning_and_Training_Solutions/About/


For media inquiries or more information:

Jami Kloet
Corporate Communications Coordinator
Lambton College
Telephone: 519-542-7751 ext. 3337
Mobile: 519-328-2081
Email: jami.kloet@lambtoncollege.ca