Where Your Donations Go
As a donor to the The Lambton College Foundation, your contribution can go a long way. Donations can assist students by creating updated and future ready infrastructure, providing necessary scholarships and awards to ensure education is available and by funding student projects that benefit the community where they live and learn.
Recent Donations in Action
- Lambton College Student Administrative Council committed $3 million towards the construction of the new Student Recreation Commons, demonstrating their dedication to providing exceptional recreational facilities for students.
- NOVA Chemical donated $2 million to the NOVA Chemicals Health & Research Centre allowing access to advanced healthcare and research services that benefit the community.
- A meaningful $100,000 contribution in support of Lambton College's Enactus team on behalf of RBC allowed the internationally acclaimed student group to broaden the impact of their One Future and One Circle projects.
- For the 2022-2023 academic year, over $444,000 in awards were given to students to help with educational expenses.
Types of Scholarships & Bursaries
- Endowed Scholarships
- A profound investment in education that involves establishing a fund with a substantial contribution. The interest from this contribution is used to provide scholarships in perpetuity. These types of scholarships can be named in honour of an individual or an organization. In order to maintain their value, the principal of endowed funds is never spent, while a portion of the investment income is made available each year for distribution.
- Annual Scholarship
- Provides immediate support for students and are funded on a yearly basis. Your contribution directly impacts students by providing crucial financial assistance for their academic year.
- Awarded anonymously and prioritize financial needs above all else. The other different between bursaries and scholarships is that the recipient and donor are not invited to the Academic Awards ceremony simply because the recipient is anonymous.
Awarding Our Students
"I was a student athlete who needed a job each year I attended Lambton College in order to make ends meet. Being the recipient of scholarships and bursaries gave me the ability to put my academics first. Without the generous donations from the scholarship donors, my years at Lambton College would have looked a lot different. I am extremely grateful."
- Fire Science Technology and Pre-Service Firefighter Education & Training graduate
"I received the Patricia M. Carter Nursing Award for excellence of academic and clinical performance. This award significantly supported my academic journey through encouragement and financial support and signified my abilities as a future RN and the positive impact I will have on my clients."
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing student
Anju Ajayakumar Manju
"The Outstanding Leadership Award from TD Canada Trust was a tremendous recognition of my efforts and commitment to academic excellence and leadership at Lambton College. Beyond the financial support, the award opened doors to unique opportunities within the college community. It not only enhanced my resume but also enriched my college experience by fostering connections with professors, alumni, and industry professionals."
- Business Management - Human Resources student
"As the Grandfondo Award - Recipient I was able to learn a wide range of information and gained transferable knowledge I can apply to clinical and my future career. It was such a great opportunity and learning experience and I am forever grateful for this award. I am currently on the palliative care unit in the hospital at clinical and I couldn't have asked for a better preparation and learning opportunity."
- Practical Nursing student