Services for Employers
What to Expect
Employers are in good hands with Lambton College's Community Employment Services. We're committed to finding employment for our clients while working really closely with our local employers.
Learn more about the free employer services and incentives:
- Access to hiring incentives and training supports
- Web-based job posting service
- Job fair and recruiting event assistance
- Pre-screening of potential applicants
- Assistance with job matching and job placement
- Job coaching and mentoring services for new hires
- WHMIS and health and safety certification for staff
- Help with navigating eligibility requirements for training incentives
Employer Eligibility for Employment Services
Employees may be eligible for financial incentives to offset some of the costs associated with providing on-the-job training and work experience for a new employee.
The employee must be eligible for the program and must not start working for the employer prior to registration.
To be eligible for a subsidized placement through Employment Services, employers must:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Demonstrate the ability to provide the trainee with adequate supervision and the training described in the training plan
- Provide employment in Ontario
- Place trainees on the company's payroll and provide the same employment terms as they do for regular employees
- Comply with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the Employment Standards Act
- Maintain appropriate WSIB or alternate workplace safety insurance coverage
- Have adequate third-party general liability insurance
- Comply with all applicable federal and provincial human rights legislation, regulations, and any other relevant standards
- Comply with freedom of information and protection of privacy legislation
- Declare that they will not hire a spouse, sibling, or child as a trainee; will not displace existing staff or replace staff on layoff; and is not receiving funds from any other source for the training placement
- Provide feedback and assessment of participants skill level
- Have the potential for long term and/or contract positions for participants
What our Employers Say
Interested in hosting or participating in a hiring event?
Call us and we can work with you to either host or be a part of an upcoming event.
Community Employment Services
4248 Oil Heritage Road