Annual Medical Insurance
Medical Insurance Fee
$700 per year provided by GuardMe
Emergency medical insurance is mandatory for all international students at Lambton College. This includes students who are full-time and part-time and who are on a co-op. This insurance is provided by GuardMe - a third-party insurance provider.International students at Lambton College are not permitted to opt-out of the medical insurance fee, but this does not prevent students from purchasing additional coverage from other insurance providers.
In Case of Emergency
Contact email@example.com in emergency situations. Annual ecards are sent to your myLambton email directly from GuardMe.
Periods below are based on what term your studies began:
- Fall Term - Sep 1 - Aug 31
- Winter Term - Jan 1 - Dec 31
- Spring Term - May 1 - Apr 30
Coverage is effective 30 days before start of each coverage period for NEW students.
If a student is arriving more than 30 days before their program starts, they are eligible to purchase additional medical insurance from GuardMe. Early arrival is a one-time purchase only and cannot be purchases beyond the program start date.
Review the following for a quick overview of what your GuardMe insurance coverage includes:
- Coverage does not include over-the-counter medication.
- Coverage is for registered students of Lambton College - coverage does not extend to spouses or children. Spouses and/or children may be added to your coverage for a supplemental fee.
- GuardMe does not - nor is it intended to - replace the coverage under the Ontario Health Insurance Plan for yourself or any member of your family.
- The GuardMe policy is for emergency health care coverage during one's study period and includes only a basic package that is subject to change on an annual basis. Not all conditions are covered and prospective international students are strongly encouraged to review the coverage details before arriving in Canada. This will allow time to purchase additional coverage before departing your country if needed.
- Lambton College is not responsible for any of the costs of any form of health care services received or sought by the student.
Hear Lucia Quigley discuss some common questions she receives about the GuardMe Insurance Coverage.
Support for Students
Student can access keep.meSAFE - a global mental health support for students.
This support platform is accessible from anywhere in the world, day or night for mental health support. This includes crisis support from certified counsellors by phone or Android or IOS app.
Students can also access mental health and well being webinars on various topics throughout the term.