4000-1-7 Delegation of Signing Authority for Provision of Service
Responsible Executive Senior Vice-President, Strategy & Corporate Services
Policy Sponsor Director, Finance
Issue Date April 17, 2008
Last Review October 3, 2019
Last Revision April 17, 2008
Upon request, the college will provide a copy of this policy in an alternate format.
In accordance with the Lambton College Strategic Goal of Accountability, all contracts and proposals that bind the College to provision of services must be authorized by a manager with the authority to do so.
- All contracts that bind the College for delivery of services are to be properly authorized within the limits established below.
- The following table identifies the appropriate manager with the authority to bind the College:
- Contracts over 3 years in duration and $200,000 per annum
- or, of a total value over $1,000,000
- Vice-President or Executive Dean/Director
- Contracts over 3 years in duration and less than$200,000 per annum
- or, 3 years or less and of a total value of less than $1,000,000
- of a total value less than $100,000
- a total value of less than $25,000
- All contracts in excess of $25,000 must be reviewed by the Finance Department prior to signing.
- The Finance Department sign-off will be by the Director, Finance for amounts between $25,000 and $100,000, and the Senior Vice President, Strategy & Corporate Services for amounts of $100,000 or more.
- Exceptions to this policy must be approved by the appropriate Vice-President or Executive Dean/Director.
For questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact the Policy Sponsor by phoning our main line 519-542-7751.