4000-4-6 Food & Drink in the Workplace
Responsible Executive Senior Vice-President, Strategy & Corporate Services
Policy Sponsor Director, Facilities Management
Issue Date March 17, 2005
Supersedes Date March 17, 2005
Last Review May 15, 2019
Last Revision May 15, 2019
Upon request, the college will provide a copy of this policy in an alternate format.
- Food and drink are prohibited where hazardous materials* are present or are likely to be present or used in the workplace*.
- The College will post signs advising no food and drinks in prominent locations at the entrances to labs and shops where the prohibition on consumption is in effect.
- Individuals are expected to comply with the above prohibitions and may be subject to disciplinary actions for failing to do so.
- Any land, premises, location or thing at, upon, in, or near which a worker works
- Hazardous Material
- Any hazardous product (defined by the Hazardous Products Act) or chemical product (defined by the Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulation); includes dusts and fumes typically present in any process that involves heating or mechanical action on wood, metal, plastics and other materials such as sanding, grinding, cutting, planing, welding, heating, and brazing
For questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact the Policy Sponsor by phoning our main line 519-542-7751.