ITP-1123 PC Repair Fundamentals
CIS-1103 Network Basics
ITP-1143 Operating System Foundations
CIS-1002 Virtualization Basics
ITP-1062 Business Office
CSD-4103 Project Management
ENG-1333 Communications for IT
CIS-1203 Routing & Switching
CIS-1223 Server Foundations
CIS-1233 Server Enterprise
CIS-1213 Wireless Networking Fundamentals
CIS-1202 Helpdesk Professional
CIS-1212 IT Consulting 1
CPP-1001 Co-op Preparation
ITP-3233 Cloud Infrastructure
ITP-3243 Network Scripting for Administrators
CIS-2103 Advanced Infrastructure Security
ITP-1052 ITIL Foundations
CIS-2102 IT Consulting 2
CIS-2113 Business Technologies
CPL-1049 Work Term Full-Time
- OR -
CPL-5559 WIL Project
The term schedule above demonstrates a September intake program map. Students entering this program in January or May will follow a separate term schedule.
The Cyber Infrastructure Specialist program is a two-year program where students gain highly marketable technical, business, and life skills in the Information Technology field. The program enables students to become proficient in the practices and techniques used in modern IT environments. Throughout the program, students will gain technical proficiency in Microsoft Operating Systems, Linux Operating Systems, virtualization technologies, server administration, disaster recovery, configuration of networks and network services, and security from a user desktop to enterprise systems.
Students also receive valuable training in several business-related topics such as project management, communication skills, leadership, teamwork, and IT service management. Students bring all these skills together by working on Request for Proposals (RFPs) to provide solutions to common IT projects.
This program creates a unique, stimulating learning environment in which students can safely master current workplace behaviour, resulting in a smooth transition from education to employment. Opportunities are provided to present creative technical solutions to solve typical IT problems. Instructional methodology across all courses integrate discovery - learning techniques, real-life scenarios, and hands-on applications. Students apply their acquired knowledge and skills to industry-based cases, and projects. This is done through several collaborative team projects and a co-op term.
This program prepares students for success when studying to write industry certifications for CompTIA A+ (PC hardware), CompTIA Project+, Windows Operating System, Cisco CCNA, and ITIL. Certification requirements are listed at microsoft.com, PMI.org and comptia.org.
Program Capabilities outline what skills students should possess as they progress through each term/year of their program.
Co-op students and employers will find this information most useful and can reference this capabilities document to ensure students are gaining the experience they need to fulfull the program requirements.
The student will be capable of the following skills by the end of the term indicated:
- Perform tasks such as installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and basic networking
- Implement, administer, and troubleshoot information systems that incorporate Microsoft Windows OS and Linux
- Manage and maintain physical and logical devices
- Manage users, computers, and groups
- Manage and maintain access to resources
- Manage and maintain a server environment
- Manage and implement disaster recovery
- Implement, manage, and maintain an enterprise network infrastructure
- Plan, implement, and maintain a Windows Server Active Directory infrastructure
- Demonstrate analytical ability to solve complex problems
- Gather and analyze business requirements for a secure network infrastructure and design a security solution that meets those requirements
- Management principles including skills and processes, ethics, decision-making, planning, organizing, leading, motivation, work teams, and organizational change
- Familiar with leadership and team skills that support a collaborative workplace, yet have the technical confidence and competencies to work independently when required
- Familiar with organizational effectiveness through the analysis of computer infrastructure-related, business and communications processes
For co-op information, contact:
Kyle Walker, Employer Client Relations
519-542-7751 x 3002