• housing

    Graduate Support Centre

Graduate Services & Support Centre

  • We are thrilled to announce the addition of the Graduate Services & Support Centre for International Alumni. This centre is available to all international graduates of Lambton College. Book an advising appointment today to see what supports are available to you as you settle into life in Canada as a new graduate.

    Services & Supports

    Lambton College’s Graduate Services & Support Centre is a place dedicated to supporting international students as they seek employment and settle into Canadian life following graduation. 

    International students at all campuses have access to:

    • Advice regarding permanent residency
    • Career coaching and job search tools
    • Financial and legal resources
    • Support for family members
    • Workshops and social events

    The Lambton College Alumni Association

    Once you graduate from Lambton College in Sarnia, Toronto, or Mississauga, you become an exclusive member of the Lambton College Alumni Association – a pride of over 62,000 former Lions.

    Your lifelong membership in the Alumni Association is free and offers many benefits. These benefits include:

    • Preferred rates on home, auto, travel and term life insurance through our affinity partnerships with TD Insurance
    • Events and award programs that honour our outstanding alumni
    • Networking opportunities through our Mentorship program
    • Access to Career Services


  • Book an Advising Appointment

    Complete this form and someone on our Graduate Services & Support team will be in touch. We can talk to you about the various alumni services and can help you get the information you need to seek employment and get settled in Canada.

    * indicates a required field  



  • Working in Canada

    Graduate Support Centre

    Post-Graduate Work Permit

    Once you’ve successfully completed your two-year program at Lambton College, you can apply for your Post-Graduate Work Permit. This is the first step an international student can take towards obtaining Permanent Residency status.

    Once granted a Post-Graduate Work Permit, international students are allowed to work full-time, in Canada, for up to three years – depending on the length of the program taken at an eligible Canadian school. International students must have completed a program of at least eight months.

    For the most up-to-date information regarding work permits, visit the Post-Graduate Work Permit Program page on the Government of Canada website.

    Type of Work Required for Permanent Residency Status

    If you are looking at obtaining Permanent Residency status, it is important to gain work experience in the following TEER categories as part of the National Occupation Classification (NOC) System:

    • TEER 0 – Management occupations
    • TEER 1 – Occupations that usually require a university degree
    • TEER 2 – Occupations that usually require:
      • A college diploma
      • Apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or
      • Supervisory occupations
    • TEER 3- Occupations that usually require
      • A college diploma
      • Apprenticeship training of less than 2 years, or
      • More than 6 months of on-the-job training

    Work experience can be in one or more of the categories listed. You must be able to show that you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the NOC. This includes all essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

    Search Job Titles on the NOC page of the Government of Canada website.

    Graduate Support Centre

    Graduate Support Centre

    Obtaining Permanent Residency

    Obtaining Permanent Residency can be a lengthy and complicated process and may require certified Immigration Agents’ services.

    While each journey to obtaining Permanent Residency is unique, many Lambton College international graduates apply for permanent residency through the Express Entry system. Express Entry is an online system used to manage immigration applications from skilled workers.

    There may be other programs available to apply for permanent residency status, for more information visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

    Please be aware that application processing times vary. You can check the current processing times by visiting the IRCC website.

Back to Top