We're here to help
Lambton College knows that military-connected learners are an under-represented population at the post-secondary level and a group of students who may require additional academic, social, and student service support. Military-connected learners can face significant obstacles to learning. This includes operational deployments, training opportunities, or the continued effects of service on the uniformed member or family.
Who is a Military-Connected Learner?
You are considered a military-connected learner if you have significant ties to the Canadian Armed Forces or the military of your home nation. This includes:
- Serving Regular Force member
- Serving Reserve Force member
- Department of National Defence Public Service
- Immediate family (spouse, partner, child) of a serving Canadian Armed Forces member or veteran
- Foreign Military Veteran
At Lambton College, we realize that military service and supporting a uniformed loved one may erode the learning environment.
This is why we are committed to:
- Ensuring there are no academic penalties due to withdrawal from a course or program directly related to service in the Canadian Armed Forces.
- Working with each military-connected learner to explore individual credits for prior learning.
- Providing tailored advice on options to shorten or extend program completion due to unforeseen military training, international or domestic operations, illness or rehabilitation due to military service, or a reoccurring military commitment.
The following websites provide military-connected learners with funding opportunities through programs that are external to Lambton College.
For additional financial assistance, applicants can visit mylambton.ca and review the Scholarships & Bursaries page.
External Funding Websites
- Canada Company
- Support Our Troops
- National Scholarship Program
- George & Helen Vari Foundation Education Bursary Program
- Veterans Affairs Canada
- Educational Assistance
- Educational & Training Benefit
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Vocational Assistance
- Royal Canadian Legion - Ontario Command
- Army, Navy & Air Force Veterans in Canada Scholarships
- The Garrison Community Council Bursary Program
- The Canadian Military Engineers Association Bursary Program
- The Royal Canadian Regiment Association Bursary Program
- Royal Canadian Sea Cadets Scholarship
- Women in Defence & Security Memorial Scholarship
- RCAF Foundation
- Veterans Bursary Program